May Zine: New Introductions, Big Plans, Audacious Dreams

O, lovelys! What a month it has been.

Do I say that every month? Probably. Probably because I spend the last few days of the month looking over all that WE HAVE DONE and all we have SEEN. (Can you tell that this is my favorite part? I just love celebrating US so much.)

Here are a few highlights: We’ve seen women rally around prayer to #bringbackourgirls and we’re still rallying around Cynthia’s Audacious Birthday Dream. We said goodbye to the great poetess, Maya Angelou. But we’re also saying hello to new editors to our SheLoves team. We’re growing stronger, lovelys, can you feel it? We’re launching new columns and collecting more delicious words.

And it’s because a mama bear and a fearless leader and hundreds of other strong women decided to show up with open hands and bursting hearts. May has been beautiful and hard and all the places in between. Revel in the last little bit with us and flip through the zine, eh?

Sarah Joslyn
I’m more likely to answer to Sars than Sarah. That’s because years ago my brothers started calling me Sars and, as the name implies, it was infectious. I’m a self-proclaimed writer-photographer-Jesuslover-painter-adventurer-foodie. I have a near obsession with ending injustice and I’m a sucker for a good cause. I blog about life and building a tiny house at sometimesscreaminghelps.com.
Sarah Joslyn
Sarah Joslyn

Latest posts by Sarah Joslyn (see all)

Sarah Joslyn

Comments

1. Sorry I’m only getting to this now! Brilliant job as always. I love that we featured Winnie and Bethany in this edition. I can’t wait for Bethany to join the team. She is SUCH a natural fit for us! 🙂

2. Megan Gahan says:

GAAAH! So gorgeous friend. You have completely outdone yourself. Again. I heart you.

3. Bev Murrill says:

Fantastic mag, once again Sars… thanks for all you do. xx

4. I was so not expecting to see my FACE in there! Thank you for the kind words, Sarah. I’ve really enjoyed how The Red Couch book club is coming together.

And so fun that Bethany Suckrow is joining the team!

5. This moment. O, this moment. When we look back at the goodness and the slow growing and the hard leaning in … and ALL the beautiful people who make this happen. Wow. This is important. To stop and reflect and see what God has done. Sarah, THANK YOU, thank you, thank you for this amazing work of Love every month. You declare the goodness of God and the goodness of community right here.

I love the beautiful faces of our women …
    Amazing Winnie.
    Welcome, Bethany!
    Those words of Kell’s.
    Leigh’s beautiful face.
    Seeing community grow in a garden. Anne-Marie and Britney and a whole family growing.
    Sisterhood, still sweating together.
    That gathering on the corner of a highway. Tina’s pictures.
    The link-ups.
    O, SO MUCH.
    We even started a restaurant this month.

O, wow.

• Sarah Joslyn Sarah Joslyn says:

Isn’t this one GOOD? Oh so much treasure here. And so much dreaming. I LOVE it.

6. Melinda Cadwallader says:

Feasting on all this goodness this morning. As much as the enemy tries to isolate us women, its in reading stories and encouragement such as this, that I once again feel connected; part of a whole gang of strong, beauties. Thank you.

• Sarah Joslyn Sarah Joslyn says:

Amen, sister! We aren’t isolated here. We uplift our community here. We are WOMEN WHO LOVE.

7. pastordt says:

I look forward to this every month. Thanks so much, Sarah!

• Sarah Joslyn Sarah Joslyn says:

So do I, Diana, so do I. It’s such a gift to get to so this every month. Thank you for standing WITH us.

8. beautiful, as always!

9. Anne-Marie says:

Wow SARAH! um hummm. so much goodness. Thanks for slipping in our dirt-blessed garden shot, and yay for Winnie! That quiet trooper working in so many ways for others. Glad to get to see her! Oh, and welcome Bethany!!

• Sarah Joslyn Sarah Joslyn says:

Right? How much fun is this one?!! As always, thank you for your hard work and helping me with link-ups. You are the BEST.

1. […] A few weeks ago Bethany walked with Megan in the Mercy Walk. (Here they are in the zine.) […]