Sisters In Mental Illness: Mental Health May

“I’m doing the right thing. This is the thing. I can be my full self here.” This month the tables are turned—it’s Shaley’s turn to be interviewed. Nichole Forbes chats with Shaley about how the Sisters in Mental Illness vlog began and what she’s learned after first telling her story here on SheLoves just over […]

If They Are In, Am I Out?

It is “Eastertide” right now in the church calendar. Turns out Easter is not just a one day thing. And in Eastertide this year, my church is thinking about what people do after the resurrection of Jesus. Christ died and was risen, and they knew Christ would come again, but what in the world do […]

There Were Planners in the Crowd

By Dr. Joy A. Howard I am a planner. I know the where and the when and the how. I know who needs to show up and who needs a ride. I pack first aid kits and I am the one who knows where the closest hospitals are located. I think planning is good. This […]

The Red Couch: Love Undocumented Introduction

Immigration is a red-hot iron poker in the politics of our day. It is easy to become overwhelmed by the facts, lies, stories, and media. A year ago my Facebook feed was crowded with pictures of children in cages. Families being ripped apart at the border. I was filled with indignation. I donated, called my […]

Welcome To The Brave, New, World

Dear Leah, In two months, everything will change. You will pack your bags, move across the country and into a small apartment to live with your partner (who you will then call husband) and his two cats. You will look for a new job. You will hunt for a grocery store that you like, and […]